CAKEAPOTAMUS

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Christmas Cakespiration

I love me some Nicholas Lodge. That man has mad skill. Mad, I tell ya. He can make crazy sugar art look effortless. It's really cool to watch, and I got the chance to watch it again yesterday.

ISAC (Nicholas Lodge's school) was having their annual holiday open house and I went. I mean, it's a great deal... only $5 and you get a $5 credit in the store to use after the demonstrations. How could I say no?

The first demo was in the brand spankin' new classroom, Studio B. I love it. Everything at ISAC is perfectly decorated- even the bathrooms. But Studio B is probably my favorite room:


The colors! The perfect, perfect colors!

The accessories!

The Muppet cakes!

I managed to tear my eyes off the decor for a while to watch the delightful Kathy Scott do a demonstration on making Christmas lights out of sugar:


No, really, that's all sugar. I'm gonna try this later today. Wish me luck!

Next, I went to the Nicholas Lodge classroom to watch the man himself:


This classroom is green:

Even the Christmas tree matches:



Look what he made:

I don't know why these are sideways. Blogger is weird.

Look at this other stuff:


That is a great gingerbread house.



Now I'm all inspired to bake some Christmas. Happy Christmas, y'all!






No comments:

Post a Comment