CAKEAPOTAMUS

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

It begins...

OK, to be more accurate, it began last January. I took a cake class so I could make my daughter's first birthday cake. Not that you have to take a cake class to make a cake. You can make a cake with no instruction whatsoever. I certainly did. Yeah.


Note that fabulous fondant work. Yeesh.


Knowing that first birthday cakes are forever immortalized in baby books, I decided to get some professional instruction before I tried to make Emi's. And so, with the first class of the first Wilton course under my belt, I made the cake.


At the time, I thought it was pretty cute. Still do, actually. And, it was fun. So, I kept taking classes and I kept making cakes.
Every once in a while, I have a cake adventure that I want to remember. Something happens with a person or a cake that strikes me as funny and it makes me wish I had a blog to record the story. So here we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment