CAKEAPOTAMUS

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

What Separates Us From the Animals Is Our Ability To Accessorize

I made a cake last weekend and I didn't say much about it.

Guys, don't stare. It's not wearing any decorative icing!
I mean, it ended up cute... and it was sculpted and carved and the colors were pretty. But it just wasn't right.

Remember this?

I mean, it's not bad or anything. The modeling chocolate rocks are cute... and the name and age in the ripples  of the water were pretty darn creative (if I do say so myself). But it's just... missing something.

Well, I am happy to report, just like life after high school, it got better.


Right? The Birthday Mom did an amazing job of accessorizing the cake.

It was a Peter Pan and Wendy party and she even had Peter Pan and Wendy there! From the looks if the pictures, the party was 16 kinds of awesome and adorable.

Of course, it doesn't hurt that the Birthday Mom is a great photographer. (Once again I say, hire a pro when it counts, people!).

I am so much prouder to show THIS cake now that I have a great picture of it all accessorized.

Now, I have to say... my cake clients know how to throw a shindig. Y'all, the things I've seen... food, decorations, activities... there are some CREATIVE people around here. I'm so lucky and appreciative that I've gotten to cake for them. I can't wait to see what the rest of 2013 will bring...

No comments:

Post a Comment